Sometimes, it’s hard to tell a book by the cover. Here’s a chance to look into the course and see each of the lessons, the areas of instruction, the exercises, and the activities in each exercise. You’ll find that the course covers everything you need to be successful in your change. When you’re convinced that the course is the most comprehensive way to get the skills you need to be successful, you can purchase the course.
Lesson 1: Defining the ChangeIn this lesson, you’ll learn the basic process for accomplishing change, from understanding the current state to envisioning the future state and creating the path between them.
- Changing Attitudes
- The Process
- Metrics and Indicators
- Assessment (SWOT Analysis and PESTLE Analysis)
- Generation (Risk Mitigation, Barriers to Opportunity, Situation – Response, and Choose Your Ending)
- Prioritization (Return on Investment, Scale, Scope, Risk and Time to Live, and Making the List)
- Refinement (Five Senses Plus, Paving the Roadmap, and Defining the Metrics)
Lesson 2: Project and Program Management
In this lesson, you’ll develop an understanding and appreciation for the project and program management skills that keep change management projects moving forward.
- Size and Iterations
- Requirements Gathering
- Personas and Other Tools
- Project Controls
Lesson 3: Motivating Adoption
In this key lesson, you’ll learn how people are motivated in ways that are obvious and ways that are counter-intuitive.
- Wicked Problems
- Identifying Basic Motivators
- Discovering Hidden Barriers
- Building Trust (Evaluating Trust, Trust Anxiety, Increasing Trust, and Tiny Commitments)
- Solving Wicked Problems (The Perspectives, The Responses, The Outcomes, and Contemporary Problems)
Lesson 4: Communication Strategy
In this lesson, you’ll learn the key components to creating a communication strategy.
- Clarity-Key Messaging
- Channels and Responsiveness (Identifying Channels, Responsiveness Policy, Signaling, and Exceptions)
- Channel Decision Tree (Selection Criteria, Rank Ordering, Flow Chart, and Validating Channels)
- Key Messages (The Reasoning, The Solutions, and The Metrics)
- Developing a Communication Plan (Message Penetration, the Number of Messages, Learning Support, Audiences, Together)
Lesson 5: Communication Skills
In this lesson, you’ll develop key communications skills that allow you to motivate and engage the organization.
- The Basics
- Feeling Safe
- Writing Your Story
- Writing the Announcement (Inverted Pyramid, Evoking Emotion, and Tantalizing Teaser)
- Sketching the Tips Series (Identifying Tips, Teasers, Emotions, and Inverted Pyramid)
Lesson 6: Stakeholder Management
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to identify and manage your stakeholders.
- Identifying Stakeholder Salience (Stakeholder Groups and Individual Stakeholders)
- Anger is Disappointment Directed (Anger as Disappointment and Expectation Judgement)
- The Ladder of Inference
- Delivering What They Really Want (Stakeholder Motivators, Means and Ends, and What They Really Want)
Lesson 7: Organizational Change and Digital Transformation
In this lesson, you’ll connect the components of the course by learning how the pieces fit together into a comprehensive change.
- Systems Thinking
- Evaluating Change Readiness
- Building Organizational Safety (Establishing Standards and Ideals, Standards and Ideals in Conflict, and Holding Standards and Values)
- Creating Conditions for Dialogue (Tone Setting with Safe Vulnerability, Defensive Routines, and Discussing Undiscussables)
- Performing an After-Action Review (Ensuring Psychological Safety, Consensus and Cataloging the Experience, and Clearing Communications)